Head of BI Product & Data Quality
Purpose of Role
Our clients vision is to be the world leader in sports betting and gaming entertainment by creating the most exciting and trusted experience for our customers, revolutionising the gambling space as we go. We’re home to a global family of more than 25 well-known brands, and with a focus on sustainability and growth, we will transform our sector for our players, for ourselves and for the good of entertainment.
The BI Product team is looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about data and data driven solutions. As a Business Intelligence Product Manager, you will work across all client labels and cover all product areas – sports, eGaming, Marketing & CRM, Compliance, AML/RG, Payments, Finance, Analytics and several more.
You will be responsible for identifying, defining and capturing BI specific business requirements for data-related requests and then working closely with technical teams, mainly the BI Engineering Team and our Cubes team, to ensure that they are delivered as requested.
There is a technical aspect to this role so apart from ensuring that the final output meets the business specification, you will also help to ensure that the delivery is of good quality. You will review QA outputs and will help coordinate and facilitate user acceptance testing.
We will soon be moving our analytical cubes to a new cloud platform, Kyvos, and you will lead this migration. You will own the product backlog, including prioritization. You will work with business stakeholders and our analysts to ensure smooth adoption on the new Platform. Currently our Cubes are only used by some areas of our Business where they are regarded as being an essential data exploration tool, it will be your job to expand our penetration across the group.
With your ability to translate business needs into business requirements specifications, a structured way of working and thinking, with your mind focused on data management we are looking forward to work with you.
Support the Head of BI Product & Data Quality with initial scoping and understanding of new requests.
Product manage the migration of our existing SSAS tabular cubes to Kyvos
Product manage the development of our new Safer Gambling cube, and other new cubes as required by the Business
Identify, define and capture BI specific business requirements from business requests presented in Version 1 tickets, business cases, vision boards or other sources
Assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value/alignment with business strategy
Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories / use cases
Ensure that the BI Engineering team & Cubes team always has an adequate number of prepared requirements/stories to work on
Identify acceptance criteria for the Business Requirements captured and coordinate user acceptance testing to help ensure a quality product is delivered.
Collaborate closely with other Product functions to explain or to understand BI requirements plus identify dependencies
Support the Project Manager and/or Scrum Master in managing the user stories / use cases in the product and sprint backlogs to ensure the optimal delivery of benefit and value from the requirements identified.
Gain a detailed knowledge of the BI functionality and capability, across all of BI, to allow you to offer consultancy to the wider Business & other Product functions and to allow you to perform effective gap analysis for new change requests.
Create and maintain accurate, detailed and user-friendly documentation of the BI estate and functionality to support the wider BI community in their ability to self-serve when performing research and investigation into BI processes, functionality, services and interfaces.
Senior stakeholder management, including presenting at Steering meetings.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of the BI processes to support more efficient, repeatable and successful delivery of BI projects.
- As a BI subject matter expert, answer business questions using knowledge, documentation, data analysis and analytical techniques, providing fact-based responses.
- Encourage communication and collaboration across the business, team and stakeholders in order to build strong relationships and develop cross functional working
- Identify synergies between separate requirements/projects/change requests to introduce efficiencies in delivery of analytics-driven solutions.
- Facilitate Operational Adoption and align all business areas to the process change (preventing adverse impact)
Specialist Skills and Experience
- Proven track record with 3 years Product Management or Business Analysis experience in a Business Intelligence environment, preferably with this experience spanning across multiple BI functions, including DWH development, Analytics and Data Science
- Experience working with analytics solutions and ability to use SQL or other languages to get access to data.
- Previous experience working on integrated data-driven solutions, ideally covering a range of outputs into MarTech tools, front end UX and customer service platforms
- Experience in online gaming and sports betting sector or previous involvement with high traffic (50,000+ visitors per day), preferably E-commerce sites
- Roadmap planning, prioritisation and communication experience
- Senior stakeholder management and engagement.
- Experience working on multiple projects at once, across multiple geographical locations and with 3rd parties.
- Experience of following an Agile development approach (e.g. SCRUM)
- Experience with project/change/collaboration tools such as Version 1, JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft product suites.
- Excellent listening, interviewing, presentation, facilitation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated use of questioning techniques to get to the root cause and allow requirements to be built out from this point ensuring that you avoid assumptions
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Strong oral and written communication skills which delivers messages clearly and confidently at all levels
- Commerciality – working knowledge of business finance to support a project’s impact on the business P&L, including knowledge of terminology, measures, etc.
Competencies / Behaviours
- User-focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything you do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- Data-driven. Base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- A go-getter who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and dives into a project to achieve success by problem solving.
- Eager to learn and aware that valuable information can come from both positive and negative results through experimentation.
- Passionate about product development and constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- Open-minded team player with excellent communication skills.
- Agile and innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated and results-driven with a take charge attitude to manage the full development cycle of a product.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others. Open to diversity in all shapes and sizes.
Diversity and Equal Opportunities
As a global employer, the client is committed to providing a safe, fun, and inclusive culture where our people feel like they truly belong.
We are a multicultural business that values, celebrates and respects individual differences, so whatever your sexuality, gender, gender identity, ability, age, race, religion or belief, you will have a voice here, and the space to do your best work.
Our diverse internal networks provide the support for you to express your views and make a positive difference, all for the good of entertainment.