Data Science Engineer
Purpose of Role
Our clients vision is to be the world leader in sports betting and gaming entertainment by creating the most exciting and trusted experience for our customers, revolutionising the gambling space as we go. We’re home to a global family of more than 25 well-known brands, and with a focus on sustainability and growth, we will transform our sector for our players, for ourselves and for the good of entertainment.
Our clients culture is a vibrant team of data scientists and data engineers excited to use state of the art Google Cloud technology and the most advanced Machine Learning techniques to make a real impact to the business. Bring your ideas, drive, team spirit and love of data science and let’s get started!
Our client is building intelligent automated decisioning tools, across all our geographies and brands, to acquire, retain and engage our customers. This gives us a vast range of opportunities to work on and our work is paramount to the company’s vision and success. You can choose one of our offices in London or Gibraltar. You will benefit from access to learning resources and conferences and be part of a fun and inspirational work environment, enjoying monthly free office breakfast and drinks.
They are looking for a Modelling Data Engineer that will help us make the most of the models built by our data scientists by looking after their release to production, timely scoring, and monitoring. Our models are used in CRM, in presenting personalised communications, offers and digital content to our customers, at the right time, and via the right channel.
Your contribution will make a great difference to the business and help us settle in our new Google Cloud AI platform environment. You will be instrumental in ensuring that our best in class models, are being executed on time and remain fit for purpose at all times.
You will support the data scientists in the team with the main following activities:
- Responsible for developing the model execution, monitoring and reporting processes for the data science team
- Contribute to all tasks related to preparing data for the data scientists in the team
- Become knowledgeable of our clients data flows and data particularities and advise data scientists on using the right data for the right task
- Perform QA tests and optimise data preparation scripts for Machine Learning jobs in Teradata and in the Google Cloud
- Own the deployment of the models produced by the team of data scientists and ensure a timely release of models to the production environment
- Own the monitoring of the models produced by the team
- Contribute to building an in-house bespoke Model manager application
- Work with the Data Warehouse team and the Central Data team to help integrate new data sources into our modelling environment
- Closely collaborate with our CRM tool team (Optimove) to facilitate the smooth integration of our models into the CRM cycles
- Closely collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, Marketing and Product Development teams
- Help enhance and integrate the Customer Aggregated Record data into our models
- Be the go-to person for all data manipulation activities in the Google Cloud platform
Occasional travel to a few other offices would be required (e.g. once per quarter).
Specialist Skills and Experience
- Advanced use and application of data modelling concepts
- Proficient in the use of SQL and Python
- Experience working in a cloud environment, like Google cloud (GCP) or Amazon cloud
- Experience in working with Airflow and docker technology
- Good understanding of the end to end Machine Learning (ML) environment
- Experience in MLOps and in working in a data engineering role for a data science team / environment
- Experience in building and managing aggregated data for predictive modelling (e.g. modeling data marts, Customer Analytical Record, etc.)
- Experience in reporting tools like Tableau or similar
- Very good understanding of how to monitor and validate models
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills, including presentation skills, to communicate clearly, regularly, effectively and meaningfully at the senior level of the organization
- Evidence of successful design and implementation of a model monitoring application in a ML environment
- Technical understanding of quantitative analysis, system design, build and development
- Business analyst skills to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Experience using Git and GitHub
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline implementations
- Experience in using BigQuery, Dataproc, and Cloud Composer in GCP
- Understanding of Google cloud architecture
- Experience in managing a Google Cloud platform from a security point of view
- High level understanding of how to build and test models
- Familiarity with the e-Gaming industry (Sports betting, Casino, Poker, Bingo, etc.), business model, KPIs and terminology
- Experience with R coding
Competencies / Behaviours
- Honesty and integrity
- Team spirit
- Commercially astute
- Fast and keen learner
Diversity and Equal Opportunities
As a global employer, the client is committed to providing a safe, fun, and inclusive culture where our people feel like they truly belong.
We are a multicultural business that values, celebrates and respects individual differences, so whatever your sexuality, gender, gender identity, ability, age, race, religion or belief, you will have a voice here, and the space to do your best work.
Our diverse internal networks provide the support for you to express your views and make a positive difference, all for the good of entertainment.